Monday, April 29, 2013

Infusion: Limoncello #2

So, it is my rule that I don't do more than 1 infusion at a time. This is so that we are not drinking every day since it becomes very easy with such tasty treats. After my last extremely successful batch of homemade limoncello, Lexey suggested that this is something we should just keep on hand. Yes, it is that good. I just made another batch, but this is just one to keep around. This is an exception to the rule and so I can start another one. I already know what I am going to do. Now I need the alcohol.

Recipe:
  • 10 lemons
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 750 ml vodka (60-80 proof)


Instructions:
  1. Wash and juice the lemons. Set the juice aside (use for lemonade, dressings, water, etc...).
  2. Stuff the sugar and the lemons into a 2 L mason jar.
  3. Fill the jar with vodka.
  4. Shake every day for 7 days.
  5. Strain and drink!

Homemade Limoncello:

1 comment:

Stacia said...

I concur! ...although the bottle you made for me is with limes (since lemons = limes in Vietnam)... still delicious and I'm rationing until the end of my time here. "Limettecello!" The recipe is a winning one in my book.