Wednesday, January 05, 2005

It rains in Surfer's Paradise?

Last night was cool. After having dinner and watching Simpson's at the hostel I played some pool and then headed out to Cheeky Monkey's for some dancing. I am not much of a dancer, but this club was just so cheesy and they played such fun music, I had to get down and boogie with the hot girls.

For the past two nights I stayed at the coolest backpackers (except for Paradiso in Nelson, NZ). It was called Aquarius. When I checked in there they told me that dinner would be served at 6:30 and Simpson's was on at 6 so be there. I stayed for dinner and Simpson's and then Simpson's was on again at 7! Then at 7:30 they play Killer Pool (cool new game I learned). Such a great place right in the middle of town and only a 2 minute walk from the beach. Byron Bay really is a great place!

This morning I took off on the early morning bus to Surfer's Paradise. This place is really built up and the weather is crappy today. It was just raining a few minutes ago. I want to get out on the beach and do some surfing! Maybe it will clear up. I think I am going to take a walk down by the beach and check out the waves. I have to check into my hostel at noon, then after that I think I will find a board to hire.

Still no USB ports... I guess I will probably be waiting to download any pictures until I get back to NZ. Only a few days away and I still have plenty of space on my memory card since I was able to download pictures to my Neuros when I was in Cairns.

No comments: