Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Work is weird

Current music: The Eagles - Desperado

So last night when I was leaving work about 7pm, I was one of hte last people in the building. As I was leaving I saw a guy dart into a cube carrying a big box and wearing a pink shirt. It was one of the lower managers. Now, last time somebody was carrying a box around after normal hours they were the upper management putting boxes into the cubes of the people to be laid off the next day., so naturally I got scared.

This morning when I came in I found a folded pink slip on my chair, but it had a kazoo attached to it. It says "Let's Make Some Noise!" On the inside it is an invitation to a party at 4pm today in the break room.

I just saw the HR director and her assistant in the break room with balloons and champagne glasses. This is really weird. Some people think it is the end of the fiscal year celebration since our fiscal year ends at the end of this month.

The "logo" or whatever for the party is "Ring out the Old, and Ring in the New." Not sure what that means, but I never take that as a good thing!

No comments: