Friday, February 11, 2005

Trip back to NZ

It just occurred to me that I haven't written anything about my trip from Florida back to NZ. Well, the trip was good. I was in Chicago briefly... just enough time to get a bagel and catch the next flight. When I got to LAX, Ben and Mel were there to greet me. It was rad to see them. We got dinner and hung out for a while.


When I was at my grandparents house they wanted me to put my grandma's knitting machines on eBay and my grandpa's '62 Ford Falcon. When my grandpa said how much he wanted the reserve set for I laughed and said for that price I would almost want to buy it. Then he turned and told me, "You want it! It's yours!" I didn't know what to say. I feel guilty, as though I asked for it even though I shouldn't because I didn't. As Ben put it, when I am a grandfather and I want to give my grandson something, I want him to take it. So I am going to take it... I am not sure what the heck I am going to do with the thing because I don't have any garage to put it in. I will have to find something. Anyway, here are a few photos of it:




No comments: