Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Back to Vail

Current music: Air - Cherry Blossom Girl

Not posting for almost a week... That is unlike me, but I have made it back to Vail now. It feels good to be back. So, since I last posted I left Finland. I was sad to leave Marjo, but glad to get back to New York to see the family.

After multiple delayed flights and a night in a hotel in Copenhagen I made it home at about midnight on the 15th. My grandparents came in from Florida on the 16th in the evening. My cousin, Jaime, had her high school graduation party on Sunday. My parents picked up Sean to come to it. I was glad he could make it. He has been living with his 20 year old girlfriend who has 3 kids. He lost his job and is really struggling. I asked him to drive back to Colorado with Kris and I so he could have a bit of a break and clear his head and make a decision. He had told my mom that he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. I don't think where he is now is great for him. He said he would come, but then his girlfriend talked him out of it when he got home that night.

Monday morning Kris and I went to the airport and picked up the rental car. When we got back to my parents' house Sean called and was saying he decided not to go. My mom talked to him for a while and right when Kris and I were getting in the car to start the journey my mom said Sean was coming with us. Kris and I repacked the car to make room for Sean and then I drove to Warsaw and picked him up.

We left Buffalo at about 2pm after eating Mighty Taco with Jeff. The drive went well and we made it to Chicago to see Dan Lindsey and his girlfriend at 10pm. We had some dinner with them at a deep dish pizza place then hit the road again.

Kris and I traded driving the rest of the way and made it to Denver at 4pm the next day. Ryan and one of his friends met us out for a drink then we drove the rest of the way to Vail. Of course, the first thing we did was meet Dan and Brienne at La Cantina for dinner... The best mexican as usual.

This morning Kris and I took the car to the Eagle airport then we came back and got Sean to do some mountain biking. We got some bikes for the guys and hit the trails. We rode the Vail Village Loop Trail up to the base of Chair 10 then took South 6 down. They were pretty paid. I think they are at home sleeping right now. I came down to Jeff's because the internet at my place isn't working again. Damn Comcast...

No comments: