Friday, July 22, 2005

Why do I do this to myself?

Yesterday Sean took off for Deluge Lake. He camped in the cabin by the lake. This morning Kris and I hiked up to the lake to meet up with him. It took us 4 hours to get there and when we finally got there we were so cooked. Riding over 30 miles yesterday was bad enough, then adding this steep climb to it... ugh.

So, we get there and look around and can't find Sean anywhere. He wasn't in the cabin and there was no sign of him. After hanging out for a while we decided to leave and hope that Sean had gone down and we missed him or he took a different trail or something. Just as we were leaving we heard him start yelling from way up one of the peaks. He had been sitting on top of the Gore Range. I can't believe he climbed all the way up there in Birkenstocks.

After our hike we got some dinner at Pazzo's and now I am doing some work before Ryan shows up.

No comments: