Sunday, August 15, 2004

Relaxing, non-productive weekend

I was planning to do some snowboarding this weekend. Saturday I didn't bother because it was too damn windy and yesterday everything was closed. Kinda sucked, but thems the breaks.

Friday night I went to a show at Revert with Gareth and Sarah. The Coolies and Die, Die, Die played. Both bands sucked, but Revert actually pulled the power on the second band because they were "too loud." Pretty lame venue to do that.

Saturday I just hung around all day. Hamish and Amanda (our new flatmates) moved in. They seem pretty cool so far. In the evening I went to Youth Zone to watch 21 Guns and some other local bands which were all pretty bad.

Sunday was another lazy day. I got up late, made some breakfast, then went right into making some guacamole for lunch. Ben and Mel came home from Whangamata and wanted to go into town to look at packs. We were there for a few hours and they ended up getting some awesome MacPacs for $310 each. Awesome pricing. I can't believe the deals those two get on stuff. I bought a Pak-Safe wire mesh thing for storing my pack at hostels and stuff like that. Since I got it at the same place on the same day, the guy gave me a sweet discount and I am getting a $130 thing for $89. I love it...

Last night we all hung out around the flat. Matt came over for a while. Overall... not a very exiciting weekend.

No comments: