Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Power outage

Current music: The Kinison - The Farm & The Girls

We had a power outage yesterday. All of Hamilton CBD lost power due to the loss of the main feeder cable into the city. Everybody went home from work early. I went over to Gareth, Sarah, and Simon's and we all went out to dinner at Kobe. After dinner Sarah, Jack, and I went to an art exhibition in Hamilton East.

Next week we are all going to head to Rotorua to have a soak in the hot pools with Marty. Should definitely be a sweet time!

Got ALSA running on my main desktop machine again. The sound quality from the soundcard in it kinda sucks. Just an old AC'97 that makes noise when you move the mouse, but I prefer to use it over my MP3 player. With the MP3 player I always have to plug it in and stuff... Easier to just use the PC I am doing work on. I managed to get some decent equalizer settings in Beep so I don't hear the mouse noise much...

Ben and Mel should be Skype'ing from London soon. Stoked to talk to them.

No comments: