Sunday, July 25, 2004

Coromandel Weekend with the Parents

Well, I don't think I ever made a post on Friday. I was busy here at work that day. Thursday night I went rockclimbing with Simon, Mel, and Ben. It was good to go again.

Friday my parents came back to Hamilton. They had a good time at the mountain. We went out to Fox and Hounds for dinner then they went back to the motel and slept. I don't blame them... they were probably still jet-lagged. I went home and did the OC thing then over to Simeon's for a little while.

Saturday morning I picked them up at 8 and we got breakfast at the Bakehouse. After that we took off and headed for the Coromandel Peninsula. It was a great trip. The weather was perfect. We stopped in Whangamata to use the bathrooms and see the beach. It was bloody cold and windy. After that we headed to Tairua and ate lunch there, then on to Whitianga. After dropping our stuff off at the motel we went to Hot Water Beach. The water was hot, but the sun was going down and the wind was picking up. We flagged it and went up to the Cathedral Cove lookout for some pictures. For dinner we went to Smitty's Sports Bar in Whitianga and watched the All Blacks game against South Africa.

On Sunday we got up and had breakkie in Whitianga then went down to the Mount. We walked up the Mount. There were two hanggliders about to take off the top. We watched that and got some sweet pictures. There were some Americans up there too and we talked to them a little bit. From there we walked down and went into town for some lunch then drove to Rotorua. I took a bus back to Hamilton from Rotorua and my parents stayed there for the night. Simeon picked me up from the bus station and I just took it easy the rest of the night.

My parents are coming back here to Hamilton tonight, then flying down to Wellington in the morning.

Here is a shot I took of the hanggliders from the top of Mt. Manganui:

No comments: