Monday, September 20, 2004

it's been a long long time

It has been a long time since I have written anything here... Here is a summary of what has been going on:

Friday:
worked all day then went home and hung out with Hamish for a while. Nothing really other than that.

Saturday:
it was awesome weather in the morning and I sat out in the backyard and read a book. Enjoyed the sun and warm weather and just relaxed. In the afternoon I made some roll-up taco things for Jeremy and Brooke's potluck dinner. Went over to Jeremy's and met Lauren and decided to do some hiking on Sunday with her. Lauren is an American from California. Pretty cool chick... Hit up the potluck dinner in the evening and had a good time.

Sunday:
Lauren and I left to head up to the Billy Goat Track near the Pinnacles in the morning. A ways into the track we stopped by a river and decided that we would walk up the river and meet back up with the trail farther up. Yeah... we got really wet, then thought it would be a good idea to walk through the bush back to the track. 45 minutes through a swamp full of razor grass and we got back to the track bloody and tired. It was rather amusing though. We ended up sitting on some lookout overlooking the Pinnacles and east towards Waihi. Beautiful spot. Lauren made monkey calls and scared some random kids hiking the track. After the hike we went to some hotpools and had a soak. Came back to Hamilton and she cooked me dinner. I talked to James and we decided to skip work on Monday and go down to the mountain and do some skiing. We took off at 9pm and got to Ohakune at about midnight.

Monday:
In the morning we woke up and had some breakfast at the Rimu Lodge (where we stayed) and then headed up the mountain. The Giant Lift and the High Flyer were not operating because they were doing avalanche control on the upper mountain. It was about noon before it opened and everybody just stood in line and had a massive snowball fight. Amusing, but annoying. We had a good afternoon of skiing on dry powder. Pictures are coming soon, but I accidently left my camera at home this morning.

Tuesday:
I am at work now. I guess there was a bit of commotion about James, David, and I taking off yesterday, but I am not worried about it until I am told directly. My immediate boss said what I did was ok, so I am sticking to that.

No comments: