Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sometimes I wake up early just to say GOODBYE!

Current music: Modest Mouse - What People Are Made Of

Well, another weekend gone and another week of work starting. I worked most of the day on Saturday to make up for skiing on Monday. On Saturday night I went over to the Kakanui house and hung out for a while with Gaz, Si, Daryl, and Gaz's Dad.

Sunday I went tramping. I couldn't find any people to go tramping with so I decided to set out on my own for the day to walk up Mt. Te Aroha. It was a perfectly clear day. At the first lookout point (Bald Spur) I stopped to rest breifly and Met an American and a South African. Then I kept moving. When I got to the top I could see Ruapehu, Ngaruahoe, Mount Manganui, and even Mt. Egmont. Spectacular views... Here is a shot from the top to the Tongariro region:


Tonight we are having a surprise birthday dinner for Gareth...

No comments: