Sunday, September 12, 2004

Short weekend

Current music: Mazzy Star - Fade Into You

I had a short, but very productive weekend. On Saturday after I left work I went home and had some lunch then went to Kathmandu to check out their sale. I ended up getting a really cool laundry bag/clothes line thing and one of those microfibre towels really cheap. Then I went over to Trek N Travel and checked out their tramping books. I bought one of "Weekend Tramps on the North Island".

Simon and I decided to do the Tuahu Track near Katikati. It is just to the south of Te Aroha, but in the same range. Jeremy's flatmate, Lauren, was gonna go with us, but she went out and got on the piss instead. She is an American chick from California. Haven't actually met her yet, only talked to her on the phone.

Simon and I left early as because we weren't sure how long the walk would be. Turned out it wasn't too long or really very difficult. We bushwacked a small peak and got really muddy. The rest of the track was full of mud too and we were coated. It rained on us a little bit, but not until after we got some views. Here is a shot Simon took of me checking out the views towards Matamata:

No comments: