Wednesday, August 31, 2005

bike bike bike work work work bike bike bike

Current music: The Kinison - You'll Never Guess Who Died

Last night Elena and I went to a jazz concert at Samana. It was fun, but she was tired so we left after about an hour.

This morning I had plans with Dan to go mountain biking. We decided to ride Mill Creek Road up to Joint Point. I thought that sounded great because the last time I had tried to do that ride it started lightning and hailing on me and I had to turn around.

Just before the bottom of the South 6 trail Jeff met up with us. He had already been riding somewhere on Vail. He rode with us up to Joint Point and they both wanted to do more. I was so tired at that point, but agreed to go on. We rode up to the top and then down the service roads all the way to PHQ where we took the Grand Traverse over to Eagle's Nest and the Liondown to Gitalong Road back to the base. Before we got to PHQ I had fallen twice just from exhaustion. On the Grand Traverse I fell again. Not sure if this time it was a rock or what, but my front wheel is taco'd a little bit. My back brake is all screwed up now too.

Tomorrow there will be no riding. I need to recover before Jeff and I hike Quandry on Friday. I think I will work on my bike tomorrow and see if I can get the front wheel true again. I think I just need to adjust the pads on the rear brake. I hope that is all...

No comments: