Monday, October 13, 2003

I fought against my bike and it tore me to pieces

Current music: Cool Hand Luke - I Fought Against Myself (and tore myself to pieces)

So I decided I would get a little exercise and go for a bike ride on this cool brisk night. Yeah. I thought I would make it short. Just as I am coming down the biggest (read only) hill in Amherst I go over a big bump but don't think twice. I have been down this road many times before on my bike and on my longboard. I make the turn and immediately see a huge hole in the pavement. The town must be replacing a pipe or some crap. Of course instead of putting the construction sign in the light or even before the hole they put it next to the hole in the darkness under a tree. I slam into the thing and fly over my handle bars and about 20+ mph. Bruised and bloody I straighten out my wheel and get back on my bike and ride home. The very first thing I did when I walked in the door was pick up my camera and take some pics... Now I am cleaned off and ready to bowl with 8 band-aids covering my wounds.

No comments: