Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Mondays are sleep days

Current music: Pedro the Lion - A Mind of Her Own

I got home from work last night and fell asleep on the couch by 5:30 pm. I woke up at 9 and made a few phone calls and watched the OC. Then I did a little work on the computer and went back to bed at 11:30. It was pretty awesome.

So the new OC wasn't that great of an episode in my opinion. Lots of weird stuff happened. Marissa's old boyfriend and Ryan become friends and find out that his dad is gay. His dad tells his mom and then everything explodes in town and ends with them getting in a fight with some homo-haters. Marissa and Ryan get in an argument over whether or not Marissa told people about her old boyfriend's dad being gay. Kirsten helps out Marissa's mom with sorting out her life. Summer and the Pittsburgh girl become friends until Seth apologizes to them. Then they both want dates with him. There, now I have ruined another episode for you!

I am at work right now and just figured out that we can't renew the DHCP address when the lease expires because we are doing it from the wrong place and ignoring ARP's that come through. This causes a timeout. So now I have to write a whole subsystem to put into the health monitoring system to check whether or not the DHCP lease needs to be renewed then renew it at that point.

I am really learning the intricacies of DHCP. Not that it is all that complicated, but I guess it is a good protocol to know.

Got more email from that girl I mentioned yesterday. Why is she so far away?

No comments: