Monday, November 10, 2003

Weekends are better than weekdays

Damn that was a good weekend. Went to see Elf on Friday night with Beth, Brickey, Rachel, and a ton of other people. That movie was really funny. Afterwards we went over to Jim's Truck Stop. We should hang out in truck stops more often. There are some pretty awesome characters there.

Saturday I got up early and made some eggs then headed off to Rochester. Jennie and I went to the AJA Noodle Company. It reminded me a lot of Xin Vego. Their chinese dishes were similar, but not everything was vegetarian. Saw Colin Mockery (from Whose Line is it Anyway?) in Geneseo with my parents at night. I missed the peak of the eclipse because we were in the show, but I saw most of it. Drove home after that I got in about 1 am. Kris wanted me to meet him out at Goodbar, but I had to decline. I shoulda gone though because it was quite a night according to him.

Sunday morning I went to Aunt Patty's investment club meeting. It was pretty good. I learned quite a bit and have some new investment ideas. Right now I have two stocks I want to buy. Neither of them are tech stocks. I need to diversify a little. One is a medical supply company and the other is a retailer of home furnishings and such. I am again not going to name them yet. I will track them a little bit and make sure of what I think of them. I will tell you though...the investment club decided to purchase 75 shares of Bed, Bath, and Beyond, 50 shares of Hot Topic, and 50 shares of Corinthian College. All three of which I am fond of investing in although I would have chosen University of Phoenix Online over Corinthian. After the meeting I went home and called up Kris. We went hiking down in the Niagara Gorge. We went to the Upper Whirlpool Rapids. It is really awesome this time of year because the water level is low and you can walk out on the rocks that are usually the river bed. We took a lot of pictures then climbed this 25 foot rock wall that we could have just walked around but then where is the adventure. Called up Tim and Joe on the way home and met them out at the Golden Duck for T. Decided to go hang out at Starbucks after and that is where the madness began. Ballz Missions night began and moved to Target then to Wegman's.

Pictures from the gorge will be coming on my website soon...

No comments: