Monday, February 23, 2004

Current music: Air - Venus

Here I am back from another weekend. A damn good relaxing weekend at that. Stacia came up Friday night and Beth met us for dinner. We went to a new restaurant called the Circle. It was so good. I am very impressed and I will keep that in my head for the next time I am looking for a really good meal. We pretty much just hung out at my house after that. I was going to go out to the Pink or something, but we never made it. Stacia was falling asleep at about 10...

Saturday Stacia and I made eggs for breakfast then went to the mall and Salvation Army. I got a sweet shirt and sport coat at Salvation Army. Damn that seems like a really long time ago. Stacia left and went to a basketball game at NU and I stayed home to work on my mom's computer. After I got the computers done Jeff called to go out to dinner. I had already spent a lot of money this week on food so I didn't really want to eat out. Besides, I had just made macaroni. I went though. How can I pass up Thai? I just got a bowl of soup. Stacia came back from the game while I was out with Jeff and I had left my phone there so she could call us. It was really snowy out and she wasn't sure if she wanted to drive home or not, but she decided she would. After I got home I was going to go out to Mohawk for the Smiths vs. the Cure dance party that Bill Page was hosting, but I deciced to forget it. I wanted to stay in. Besides my brakes are messed up again... the less driving the better until they are fixed.

Sunday morning I got up early. I had been sleeping so early that I totally wasn't tired. I made some breakfast and then played on my laptop. <geek> I had been running a 2.6.0 kernel on my laptop and everything was fine for the most part. The only problems I was having was with USB devices. My USB mouse wasn't working and I want that to work so I don't always have to use the trackpad if I am at home or something. That wasn't so much a problem with the kernel version so much as I hadn't compiled the Logitech driver when I made the kernel. The other problem was that any time I plugged in a USB device my X server would get all freaked out and I would have to restart X to do anything. I figured that since 2.6.3 is out now I might as well upgrade to that. I downloaded it and compiled it and got everything working again except one thing. So now, my USB mouse work, X doesn't bug out, but tap-to-click on my mousepad seems broken. I messed with it for a few hours and didn't get it working. </geek> Jeff called at to go snowbarding at about 1, so I took him up on that. He rocked the slopes at KB. One of the straps on my back binding is cracking though. I need a new strap, but I am not sure where I can get one. I am going to try to super glue it for now. I need to get a new one before I head off to NZ though. I received my official acceptance letter into the BUNAC program on Friday. I have to get everything all squared away now. I need to get it all done and sent out this week, so time to get in my ass in gear.

When Jeff and I were leving KB Kris called to shoot some stick. So Jeff and I went home and changed and went out to eat at Mighty with Beth. Kris met up with us and we went to House of Billiards. I played so bad. After that I went home and totally crashed. Kris bought a new cue. It is pretty damn nice. I didn't take any shots with it though. I will have to try it out sometime.

I have a growing list of crap to do this week. I hate when things are like this. I like it when I don't have anything to do and I can just have fun. I am definitely gonna need to play some pool and relax...

No comments: