Monday, February 02, 2004

Too much driving. Not enough skiing.

Current music: Air - Cherry Blossom Girl

Jeff and I left on Friday at about 5pm. It was snowing on the Thruway until we got to Leroy. We didn't hit any more snow until we got to the mountains and we were going about 30 for a long time then. It took us over 7 hours to get to Plattsburgh when it should take less than 6. It totally sucked. Jeff and I had a dance party in the car with TLC to Waterfall.

When we got in we pretty much just went to bed. In the morning we got up at 5:30 and headed to the mountain at 6:30. When we got there it was -6 and 60 mph winds. Stowe had all their lifts closed except one and it was the triple. We bought ticket and took two runs. After that we were done. The riding sucked. The winds were just too strong. The wind chill was -42...brutal. We ended up just getting a refund and we headed into Burlington for the day.

The Burton factory was fun. We tried on clothes. Jeff bought a pretty awesome pink hat and Mike got a light yellow one. The girl there told us we had to eat at this new burrito place that was better than Paradise, so we did. It was New World and it was good. The burritos were damn big. Did a little more shopping at B-side and then got ice cream at Ben & Jerry's.

Took off and went back to Plattsburgh. Hung out at Mike's for a while then at James'. Hit up Number One for dinner with Jeff and Mike, then Jeff and I went to dinner again at Iris's with Shaun, Stacy, and Mario. Of course Mario yelled the whole time. I love it. Afterwards we went to a foam party and to some sumo wrestling competition. I wrestled Mike and he kicked my ass.

Sunday morning Jeff and I met Lori, Shaun, and Mario out for breakfast at a pretty cool diner that I had never been to before then went over to Tracie's. The boys had gotten a pool table from Santa, so Jeff and I played a little pool with then. Yeah...Danny and I won both games.

Jeff and I drove home, only took about 6 hours and we went to his parents house for a little Super Bowl party action.

That was my weekend.

No comments: