Monday, December 27, 2004

Coral Sea here I come

Well, I spent the day yesterday wandering around Brisbane. I went to the Queen Street Mall. That was pretty cool. Walked around the Botanical Gardens as well. Took the CityCat all over. It is a really cool idea. A service that takes you up and down the river that is used like a bus. My hostel was about 6 blocks from the river, so I walked to the Brisbane River and took the CityCat into the city then took it back again and it only cost me $AU3.60.

At night I went to the movies with some people I met at the hostel and saw The Incredibles. Good times...

This morning I got up early and caught a bus to the airport and flew to Cairns. I got my dive stuff sorted and ate lunch. Now I am just waiting to catch the boat out to the Coral Sea. Can't wait... It is really hot and humid here. Supposedly the humidity isn't as bad out at sea... I hope not, but I need to go get some motion sickness medicine!

I just found out today that my grandma has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and it has moved into a lung. Very sad. I will have to get in touch with her when I get back to land later this week.

No comments: