Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Weird Christmas Summer

Current music: Mogwai - My Father, My King

Last night after work I stayed around and called Ben and Mel over Skype and talked to them for about 45 minutes. It is crazy to have them actually be in Vail and hanging out with my friends... Just think, only about 8 months ago I met them and moved in and now my friends in a different country have hooked them up and have invited them in to hang out and such. It's a good feeling to know that your friends get along with each other and will help each other out.

Ben and Mel are pretty homesick at the moment. I am sure they will settle in and do better soon. It must be hard to not be able to call anyone or anything like that. I hope they get their phone situation sorted.

Back in NZ the flat went Christmas tree hunting last night in Tamahere. It is really weird to go Christmas tree hunting in shorts and jandals and have Hamish in bare feet. Ha! Anyway, we got a tree and got it all decorated. Pictures: here.

No comments: