Friday, December 31, 2004

New Years in Cairns

Last night was New Year's Eve and I was in Cairns, Australia. Pretty sweet place for New Year's. Most of the people who were on the dive boat met at PJ O'Brien's for drinks at 4, then we went out to the clubs and bars after that. At midnight we ended up at the pier for the fireworks. I went back my hostel and went to bed after that because it started raining at about 12:30...

Today is New Year's Day. I got up early and had breakfast at a little cafe in the city centre then I have been walking around taking some photos since. Relaxing day, but hot and sticky. I think I am going to go to the lagoon and do some swimming after I finish this.

For tomorrow I have booked a waterfall tour of the Tablelands. There are all kinds of waterfalls up there with cliffs to jump off into them. That should be pretty sweet. After that I am going back to Brisbane.

No comments: