Monday, May 10, 2004

2nd day at work

So I went to Napier with Simon. It took us 4 rides to get there and 4 to get back. Some sweet ones and some that sucked. We had this one crazy woman on the way there who kept saying stupid stuff and downshifting her automatic like crazy. Really angry woman. Not fun to ride with so I went to sleep in the back and made Simon suffer in the front. On the way home we got a ride with some Pacific Islanders who were really cool. They gave us apples and bought us chips at Pak N Save.

Started work yesterday. I caught the bus into town, but the door to Endace was locked. I walked around and got some coffee at a cafe then came it. They had me writing a packet sniffer using libpcap. Really easy! Went shopping after work and got groceries then took the bus home. Went over to Simon's last night for a little while after dinner.

So now I am starting my second day. I am gonna go make some coffee on the really aweswome coffee machine! It is a full cappucino thing like in coffee shops. I can steam milk and make espresso and everything. I will have to get a picture of this one! Pics of the office coming soon.

I would have posted more pics from the Routeburn by now, but Blair's computer was acting weird the other day and now I have been unable to sync my Neuros with the computer at work. It is a cool machine though. Dual P4 2.8 GHz with 1GB of RAM and a 122 GB HD and a 17" LCD... I am in love. Of course Debian all the way...

Ok, off to make some coffee.

No comments: