Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Bad news in the world of snowboarding... and just life in general

I just found out about 2 hours ago from Tracie McCarthy (Bryan Hartman's wife) that Aaron Shoemaker died yesterday in a snowboarding accident. He was riding over there professionally and competing. Jesse (his brother) went to visit him and this happened while Jesse was there. He was able to be with Aaron in the hospital.

This is a sad day for snowboarding. Aaron was not only a fabulous snowboarder, but one of the best people I have ever met. The entire Shoemaker family are some of the most sincere, loving, and friendly people. This should not happen to any family and certainly not one like theirs.

I am glad for the time I have spent with Aaron and I will never forget it.

Slowly I have been informing people that knew him. Dan Lindsey asked me if there is anything online about him. A quick Google search came up with a few... Here are two of the best... One is a salute to him... http://www.sportestremi.org/. The other is a newclip stating his unfortunate fate... http://www.crazyriders.it/HomeP.asp

One thing is for sure. Anyone who met Aaron will remember him the rest of their life.

No comments: