Wednesday, May 12, 2004

The wonderful land of HDLC...

Current music: Air - Surfing on a Rocket

Yesterday I thought I would recompile the kernel on my machine here at work to add USB mass storage support so that it would recognize my Neuros and CF card reader. I recompiled it using the wrong version of GCC it screwed up all my libraries. Between that, getting the video card to work again, and getting the mouse to work again it took me all morning.

Last night it was raining so I just went home from work. When I got there nobody was home, but there was a pile of DVDs on the floor. I decided to watch one so I chose
    Orange County
. Nothing that great. In fact, it was kinda lousy. After that I went over to the internet cafe to download a Loveline episode. I miss that show so much. I am glad that I have found some reasonably up to date servers with episodes on it!

This morning I came into work earlier so that I could take some pictures around the office and stuff, but I forgot that I hadn't entered my alarm code yet, so I didn't have one. Good thing I remembered before I opened the door... I ended up walking around the city for about 30 minutes listening to Loveline before I came back. Koryn and Erez were just coming up so they let me in.

Today I have been working on an HDLC frame checker thing. It checks that the HDLC frames that have been de-mapped from a T1/E1 line have been de-mapped correctly. Kind of interesting because I don't know HDLC, but I hope that I get to write some actual software for a board instead of a little desktop utility.

I have been listening to Loveline a lot lately. I brought 3 episodes from early March on my MP3 player. I have about 10 minutes left of the last one to listen to then it will be on to the new ones. Damn Jeff for getting me hooked to that show, but it gives me something to listen to when I am waiting for the bus and riding hte bus to and from work. Not having a car really isn't bad in Hamilton, but it will be a pain on the weekends when I want to go places. I think I should have that sorted soon though.

No comments: