Sunday, December 28, 2003

Current music: Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Dirty Old Town

Hit up my aunt's house on Christmas Eve. She lives in Brandon, near Tampa. We had dinner there and opened some gifts then went home to my grandparents' in Brandenton. Their neighbor's house is painted orange with yellow trim. Don't get me wrong, orange is my favorite color, but damn...it looked like a taco stand.

Christmas day my brother and I went golfing with my dad and his brother, my Uncle Danny. My uncle and my brother are certainly the black sheep of the family and it is really frusterating trying to talk to either of them, but it was fun to golf anyways.

We had a big Christmas dinner at night with gnocchis, cutlets, all the good Italian cookies. I loved it.

In the morning on the 26th we got up early and drove the two and half hours to my mom's parents in Lady Lake...just north of Leesburg. I don't really like going there because it is so boring. THey live in a retirement community called The Villages. Everybody drives golf carts and everyone is super old. We went down to the pool and laid in the sun for a while then went home and had a big dinner. Just pretty much sat around the rest of the night and went in the hot tub. The Bucci's came over. They are friends of my dad's parents and live in the Villages as well.

The next morning I went golfing again with my brother and my dad. I played so much better. I guess that is what happens...not golf for ages then twice in a week and the second time is better. Who'd a thunk?

Today we got up early again and drove to Orlando. Now I am just sitting in the airport and I have about an hour before my flight. Bored...

No comments: