Monday, December 15, 2003

I've got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots

Current music: Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism

Another week, another day at work.

Last night I was totally not tired. Probably because I was excited playing with my new mp3 player. I didn't go to bed until after 1 and that messed me up because then I couldn't get up at my normal time this morning. Then on my way to work there was a big accident and it took me forever to get through there. Finally made it to work an hour later than usual. Eh...guess I'll be staying late tonight.

This weekend was good. I think I am seeing a trend here. Weekends are good, weekdays suck. Friday night I went out with a really sweet girl who I definitely think is one of the best people I have met in Buffalo. I wonder when I will get to see her again.

Saturday I didn't do much during the day. Just worked on getting my laptop set up. Made some serious progress. Tim and I hit the mall in the evening searching for a pink shirt. He wanted a really bright pink one. We searched that mall from top to bottom and the only one we found was being worn by the cashier at Express. We asked if they had more and he said probably not since it is a "spring color". Stupid marketing people trying to dictate when you can and cannot where pink. Finally we found a sorta light pink shirt at Wet Seal. Damn, that is a pretty bad store, but he got it. Went over to Lihn's place and then to 3rd Room. That is one of the lamest bars I have been to in ages. So we only stayed there about 15-20 minutes then went to the Pink. Shot some stick with Leah for a few hours and inhaled my share of smoke for the next 16.7 years. Tim got pretty wasted and rowdy. It was cool hanging out with Lihn, her sis, and Buttercup. I think I have met Buttercup before, but never formally. Neat chick with fun clothes.

Sunday morning there was snow on the ground and it was coming down in full effect. I got my stuff together and headed to Rochester. My family was exchanging presents then instead of bringing them all to Florida and them bringing them back. Just seemed like too much of a hassle. I got some cool stuffs. MP3 player, Ansel Adams print, fleece blanket, Death Cab's latest album (hint hint...that is why I am listening to it right now) and a few other small things.

The MP3 player I got was the wrong one. I told my mom which one I wanted and I told her wrong. Totally my fault. I am trying to contact the company to see if I can return this one for the other. Either way I am damn happy with it though.

Chinese Monday and I am ready. Like I said earlier, my stomach is in knots. I am just writing documentation today for some software I have been writing over the past two months or so. Docs are boring, but necessary I guess.

Time to get a little more done before Chinese gets here.

No comments: