Wednesday, December 03, 2003

laptop on the way

Current music: U2 - All I Want Is You

Well, finally got the laptop I have been wating to get. I got a Dell Inspiron 1100. Should be pretty sweet with Linux on there. 2.3 GHz Celeron, 256MB RAM, 20GB HD, 14.1" display... Got a pretty sweet price on it as well.

In other news, they are taking away the internet at work. EVERYTHING is blocked by default and there is a whitelist (aka. a list of sites that you can get to). I don't think the guy that is implementing this (the VP of Operations) has any clue about Engineering. This is going to be a huge hinderance more than anything else. It has already been a pain in the ass today and it went into effect (sorta) at 3 pm. Well, when it is full on Friday we will see what happens. As long as I can SSH to my machine at home I am happy. Then I can run links (tabled version of lynx) and still get the news and crap like that.

Man, my life has been boring these last few days...too much tv, not enough life.

No comments: