Sunday, June 27, 2004

Back to work, but still slightly sick

Had a great weekend at the mountain. Friday night I just hung around and got ready for the trip down. Went to bed early. Then, Saturday morning at about 5:30am I picked up Richard. We came to my work and made a nice cuppa for the road. Hit the road at 6:15am and we were at the mountain at about 9:15am. Takes a pretty long time to get down there, then about 30 minutes to get up the access road to Turoa.

It was raining at first, but just lightly. After about an hour it cleared up and we had an awesome day. The snow wasn't great and the crowds were suck, but we managed to get some fun riding for the first day of the season.

Richard and I went down the mountain at about 3:30 and got some food at the grocery store. Ben and Melanie were already at the hostel in the hottub. We went back and made some dinner...roast chicken sandwiches and potato salad. THen we all went out to the hottub. It was a pretty cool one. The water is boiled by a fire, then you turn on the jet and it puts the water into the tub. The tub was all made of wood.

On Sunday morning we wanted to go up the mountain again, but we couldn't. Turoa was closed due to high winds and rain so we went to Whakapapa. The only thing open there was Happy Valley. We basically turned around and just headed home. We were home at about 11:30am. I came into work and downloaded the pictures and stuff. Figured out the final itinerary for my parents, then went back home. Sat around with Ben and Mel all afternoon.

So, I am starting to feel a little better. Still kinda sick though. My nose is still stuffy, but I can breath. Well, time to get to work.

No comments: