Sunday, June 13, 2004

I love my new goggles

Current music: Smashing Pumpkins - Storytelling

This weekend was pretty sweet... Friday night Kenny and I went into town and shot some stick then cruised in his car. He loves cruising... After that we headed home.

Saturday morning I got up early and made some breakfast and then took the bus into town. Walked over to Boldas' house and picked up his girlfriend's parent's car to take over to a garage to get it checked out. I took it to the garage that Kenny's brother Chris works at, but he wasn't there. The other guys there checked it and and tested the electrical system and stuff. They said they thought the car was sweet, so I decided I would buy it. I took it back to Boldas' house and Ben and Melanie picked me up. We went into town and I stopped by Defy to talk to Boldas. I offered $3000 and he said he would talk to Paula's step-dad.

Mel, Ben, and I went shopping because they wanted new snowboard gear. We went to Kathmandu and I got some polyprolene stuff, a shirt and pants. I am wearing the pants right now actually. I love them. So warm... Then we went to R&R Sports. They were having an unbelievable sale on... We got Ben a Solomon board, brand new, for $NZ499 and Mel bot a similar new Solomon for $NZ399. Then they were saying they needed boots and bindings as well. We started looking around and we were looking in the used boots. The used boots were all around $NZ150 for anything even close to decent. All of a sudden I saw some boxes of Drake bindings on sale. I went to look and the box was taped to a box of NorthWave boots. I asked the sales clerk and he said that they were step-in Drakes with compatible boots, all up for $NZ200. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I called Ben and Mel over and they started trying them on. Before long they had settled on that setup. I was looking at goggles because my old Iris' are scratched to hell and the sun down here will destroy your eyes if you don't have good goggles, so I needed new ones. I wasn't finding anything I really liked though. Ben and Mel liked some Dirty Dog ones and they were $NZ90 and $NZ70 respectively. So, all up that is $NZ1458. They ended up paying only about $NZ1300 after talking the people down a bit more. All this stuff is work about $US1720 when it is not on sale... and that is about $NZ2900. The deals were so good it was almost like stealing.

Saturday night I started calling around to see what was on. Decided that I would hit up a party with Samantha at some rugby dudes house because it was also Leah's going away party. Leah is heading back to Canada. She is pretty sad about that though. I met this amazing and beautiful girl named Sarah. She is from NSW Australia and was visiting some friends over here in Hamilton on her way to New Hampshire to work at a summer camp. She seemed really excited about going. I told her to let me know if she will be travelling at all because I can hook her up with places to stay around the North East. She invited me to come stay with her sometime in NSW. I am definitely going to take her up on that when she gets back from the States...

In the morning on Sunday I talk to Mom about her plans when she is over here. I am going to make some adjustments to the original plan... Afterwards I did some laundry then started walking into town. Kenny picked me up on the way. I wanted to check out the other snowboard sale going on at Ski Your Heart Out. Kenny and I went over there and I found some wicked Dragon DX goggles with a Ionized Blue Iridium lens. I am going to have some of the nicest goggles on the mountain... and I got them for only $NZ160. I talked the guy down from the sale price quite a bit. Went home after that and just hungout around the flat for the night...

No comments: