Monday, June 07, 2004

Click click click

So, all that time that I thought my posts were not making it they really were, just not being published. When they finally published this morning there were a crapload of them...

Anyways, I went to Auckland this weekend. I rode up there with Ben and Melanie on Friday evening after work. We stayed at Ben's brother's place near Mount Eden. In the morning Ben had to go to a funeral for his uncle and he needed clothes to wear to it. We went out to a mall near the airport, but they weren't open yet. We ended up at a suit shop that we didn't know existed right next to Tristan's flat. We went upstairs to teh flat first and asked around for a belt. Tristan's flatmate didn't have one so Ben went down to buy one. Then, his flatmate opened the door to his bedroom and threw one into the lounge and said, "here is a your belt." I took it and ran down to the shop and busted in and yelled, "Don't buy it!" The store owner was confused as. Ben told him he didn't want it and we left. It was a pretty funny scene.

I caught a bus into town and walked around for a little while. I took my bag up to the bus station a teh Sky Tower and locked it up then got a bus out to Turners' Car Auctions in Penrose. I test drove a bunch of cars, but nothing was all that great. Afterwards I caught a bus back into the city and met up with Bubba and Steve. Got some Thai for lunch and did some music shopping with Bubba. After spending ages in Real Groove and not finding either of the CDs I wanted we went down to the bus station, got my stuff and went back to his flat in Kingsland. Simon came and picked us up and Steph came with us. We went down to a Middle Eastern restaurant in the city and got some dinner then went to the King's Arms for a show. Evil Priest (Boldas's band) played along with a few others. There were some good looking girls at this place! I am gonna have to go to shows there more often!

Boldas said he would give me a ride back to Hamilton, so instead of taking the bus the next day I rode back with him. We got home about 1:45am. He told me that his girlfriend's parents were selling an '89 Toyota Corolla and it is in good condition... I was stoked to see it.

Sunday morning I sat around and did some laundry, called some people in the States, just relaxed. In the afternoon I went into town and hit up the Asian supermarket for some food then walked to Boldas's flat. We watched the end of the rugby game (the Warriors won!) then took the car for a drive. It is in mint condition except the starter makes a funny noise. I am gonna take it to a mechanic this week and get it sussed. They want $3500 for it, but I think I can get them down to $3000... maybe lower...

Yesterday was the Queen's birthday so we had the day off of work. I got up in the morning and called Mom and talked to her about plans for when she is here, then decided to walk into town and do some shopping. On my walk into town I txt'd Sam to see if she was keen, then walked over to her flat. We walked into town and went to Endace to make some mochas then went shopping. I found a bunch of sweet stuff. I got zip-up Puma rain jacket from Farmer's (but they had to order it from Tauranga because they didn't have my size and it will be here late this week), a NRG button down shirt from Surf'n'Gear (that I am wearing right now), and a pack cover for my backpack. I did pretty well. There are still a few more things I need to get though...

No comments: