Monday, January 26, 2004

Back from a relxing weekend in the Cuse

Current music: Tom Waits - Diamonds & Gold

After work on Friday I took off for the Cuse. It was snowing like mad when I go there, but I didn't have much farther. Made it to Tor's and we hung out for a while then went to Dorian's for some dinner. Tor warned me before we got there that they have terrible service. The girl that took our orders was swearing at someone on the phone while taking Tor's order. Then she got off the phone and took mine. I said I wanted a small eggplant sub. She asked me what eggplant tasted like so I told her it is the steak of vegetables. Then she wanted to know if I was vegetarian. I said no and then she said, "So why do you want to get it?" What the hell kinda question is that. I said I wanted it so she should give it to me. So anyways, I told her that I like eggplant so she said fine and asked what else I wanted. I told her just a small coke and pointed at the fountain machine. She said I should get the bigger one from the cooler. I asked why and she tells me that she doesn't like to pour fountain drinks even though she can reach the damn thing from sitting on her stool and she would have to get up to get the one from the cooler. I asked which was cheaper and she said the fountain one and I said that is why I want that one. The other was bigger than I wanted anyways. She finally got it, but this was some bad service! What kinda restaurant tries to talk you out of everything you want? This was not their gimmic or anything like that. They just suck.

Leslie came home when we got back and showed me all her fish. We hung out for a while then all went to bed. They keep their thermostat all the way up because they don't have to pay for their heat, but I was dying. I sweated hardcore.

The next morning we went out to breakfast at the Little Gem Diner. It is this really nasty looking little trailer, but Tor said the food was good. Once again, I get the worst service! Tor and Leslie...service was just fine. Me...get screwed. I had to ask 3 times just to get water. I ordered blueberry pancakes but she brought me regular pancakes. When I said that I had ordered blueberry ones, she just said, "Oh, the blueberries are underneath." I picked of the pancakes...there were no blueberries. I didn't say anything. It wasn't worth the effort.

Tor and I headed up to Lowville to do some snowshoeing at Whetstone Gulf State Park. Not a bad drive, but it was so cold. The start of the hike was really steep. We stopped heaps because the cold was hurting our lungs. When we finally got to the top of the ridge it was so damn cold and windy we knew we weren't gonna make it the whole hike. We ended up turning around after about a mile and half. Tor thought he junk was gonna fall off because he hadn't worn any long johns and my face was getting near frostbite. Tor hiked about half the way down with his hand in his pants to keep the junk warm. When we got to the parking lot we realized there was a thermometer and it was reading -8F. Yikes...

We headed back home and hung out for a little bit, took showers and stuff then went to the mall. Ate at Pizzeria Uno the hit up H&M.

Went back home and slacked off for the evening. Watched some soccer and traded some music.

In the morning Tor, Leslie, and I decided to go to Friendly's for breakfast. The bad service everywhere didn't stop at Friendly's. It took us nearly two hours to get our food. The waitress sucked, the cook sucked... The waitress did take off one sandwich, and gave us free sundaes, so that was nice of her, but we were there forever!

I am convinced that Syracuse is out to get me.

No comments: