Friday, March 26, 2004

The obligitory blogging after giving two weeks notice

Current music: My heart pounding out of my chest

Ok, so I got in to work this morning and printed out my letter of resignation. My boss came in a few minutes later and I decided that I should not wait any longer. I went to his office and closed the door and said, "I am moving to New Zealand in 2 weeks." He was pretty shocked. The look on his face was priceless. All he could say was, "Whoa! I mean, whoa! Is this permanent?"

We talked for a little bit about why I am leaving and I told him it has nothing to do with the company. I asked for a leave of abcense. We'll see what happens. He did say that he would hire me back no problem as long as the company is hiring and not still sputtering along like we are now.

So that is the news. Good times. Now I can drink my tea and relax.

No comments: