Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Thought I had something to do...

Current music: Iggy Pop - I Wanna Be Your Dog

So yesterday my boss gave me something to do. It was pretty sweet. It was the first major project I had been given since this summer. I have had some big ones in between, but I had created all of those and they had not been given to me. So you can imagine how much it sucks that this morning I find out we are not going to be doing it. The problem is that we were going to be using some memory on a real-time clock chip on the board to store some information. I was going to have to write some I2C stuff to talk to the chip. However, this chip does not have NVRAM or EEPROM like we thought it did. After talking to the hardware guys I found out that it is just battery-backed SRAM. That is not gonna cut it. Project scrapped.

Now I am back to inventing my own things to work on.

In other news, I bought the new Rainer Maria CD/DVD set this weekend. Mario and I watched the DVD on Saturday evening and it was really good. The CD is good too, but the sound quality on some of the songs is kinda lacking. I guess that is what you get from live stuff.

No comments: