Thursday, March 11, 2004

One day to Mario

Current music: Mew - Snow Brigade

I just can't get enough of this song...

Be warned... this will be a geeky post.

Yesterday I read about the NDIS wrapper project. I think I have seen stuff on it before but never looked into it. It turns out that it supports my wireless card so that I can install the ADMtek drivers for Windows on my Linux box. Now I wouldn't even need them if ADMtek would just put out a version that worked with the 2.6 kernel, but they won't. So when I got home from work I tried it out and it seemed to be working, but since I don't have an access point I needed one to see if it really worked. I went over to Kris's and within about 5 minutes I had it up and running. Damn, I love wireless!

Ok, that is the end of the geek-ness for now.

After work, before I went home to play with that stuff I stopped by Delta Sonic to get my car washed and I figured I would get the carpets shampoo'd as well. So I went through the car wash then over to the cleaning place and the didn't just clean the carpets like I asked...they washed all my windows inside and out, Vacuumed everything. Cleaned the dash, polished the wheels. They did everything short of shampoo'ing the seats. It was incredible. I only paid $18. I really needed those carpets cleaned...too much salt.

No comments: